Dedicated To The Fight Against Workplace Discrimination
It can be infuriating and defeating to know that no matter how well you work, you might still face unfair obstacles in your job. Putting a stop to discrimination can be challenging, but taking effective legal steps can make a difference.
Employees can rely on Barton Mendez Soto PLLC to protect them against discriminatory practices. Our passionate attorneys advocate for workers within and outside of courts to preserve their rights. We use our experience with civil litigation, union regulations and employment law issues to find justice.
We Identify How Discrimination Impacts Workers
Actions that may signify discrimination based on a protected class, such as pregnancy, age, race, religion, disability, gender and more, include:
- Terminating or laying off employees according to these classes
- Classifying or separating employees based on these classes
- Paying an employee less than their counterparts for similar work at a similar skill level, excluding seniority and merit-based differences
- Refusing to hire or promote certain employees, including stating a preference against a particular class in a job advertisement
- Allowing or contributing to harassment of an employee
Discrimination is not always obvious at first. Furthermore, it involves complex federal and state laws. Arizona law does permit certain forms of discrimination when appropriate and necessary for the position. However, these exceptions are relatively narrow.
Our trial attorneys can listen closely to your perspective and help you assess whether you have a legitimate claim to pursue. We remain attentive and loyal to our clients. You can turn to us for clear legal advice, and we will work to protect your career if you pursue a claim or lawsuit.
Reclaim Your Career With Our Lawyers
We know how trapped workers can feel when discrimination affects their careers. It is important to hold employers accountable for hostility and rights violations – and to recover part of what you have lost as a result. Barton Mendez Soto PLLC can help. Call 480-550-5165 or send an email to our office in Tempe for a case review today.