Ever since the Voting Rights Act of 1965 was ruled unconstitutional in 2013, efforts to suppress people’s ability to cast their vote in local, state, and national elections have become a widespread national issue.
That is why our reputable and experienced lawyers at Barton Mendez Soto are committed to using our vast knowledge of the law and extensive legal resources to assist political parties, political action committees, and ballot measure committees draft and pass new voting rights bills to safeguard access to the ballot box.
Top-Notch Litigators Proudly Fighting for Voters’ Rights
We take great pride in helping clients stop legislation that will severely impact marginalized communities, and our highly skilled legal professionals are dedicating to remaining at the forefront of the legal struggle to protect and defend the right to vote. Barton Mendez Soto has an established national reputation for our comprehensive services and counsel in litigation matters concerning access to the ballot and voting rights.
Our firm has represented a broad array of institutional clients, activist groups, and political committees in litigation over initiative and referendum petitions for election ballots, so please get in touch with us today if you need a trusted legal resource for any of the following matters:
- Legal counsel for candidate and ballot measure campaigns about the post-election vote count process, recounts, and election contests
- Lawsuits challenging voter information pamphlet materials and campaign communications
- Lawsuits challenging the conduct of state and local elections
- Legal disputes over elected officials and candidates' eligibility and residency
- Lawsuits challenging campaign finance laws and regulations on behalf of nonprofit organizations, citizens groups, and others
- Representation at enforcement proceedings before the Fair Political Practices Commission, Federal Election Commission, and local ethics commissions regarding alleged violations of campaign and election laws
“The lawyers at Barton Mendez Soto were very helpful in guiding the Classified Staff Association at MCCCD in establishing a non-profit corporation with the mission of representing employees.”- Shannon Ridgeway-Monaco, Former CSA Officer
“Mr. Barton took care of my discrimination case, very grateful for this team of people during such a stressful time.”- Previous Client
Our legal team at Barton Mendez Soto is vigorously committed to litigating cases on behalf of disenfranchised voters and political candidates facing fierce voter suppression tactics. We leverage our firm’s considerable resources to help them fight for government transparency and fair elections. We know that there is a wide range of issues that can affect the outcome of an election, from long lines on election day to voting equipment malfunctions and eleventh-hour lawsuits. Let us guide you and provide practical advice at every stage of your case.
Commitment to Excellence
Passion for a More Just World
Empowered To Achieve Our Clients Goals
Progressive Approach to Political and Elections Law